PDA

View Full Version : my situation

oscar_pack
07-02-2004, 12:20 AM
ok... right now i have 3 fish in my 45gl tank. keep in mind they are all less than 3". i have a tiger oscar(not sure what sex), female convict, and i got an african of some kind from my parents(not sure of the sex). so now that you know my situation here are my future options, and this is what im most concerned about. eventually i will be moving my oscar to our outdoor pond(over 220gl's atleast). once i have him moved out i have a few options, i can either sell my african to the lfs, and then get a mate for my convict(i'd like to try my hand at breeding). or i can sell, or give my convict to my bud, and start an african community tank, what do you think you would do in my situation?:jaw:

sorry about the long ass post.

jennigypsy
07-02-2004, 05:40 AM
are you going to keep the 45 gallon tank?

Either the breeding pair of convicts OR a smaller group of africans would work nicely...
Which do you like?
You say you'd like to try your hand at breeding-w/ convicts there's not much to try-just add fish to water and POW...babies.
Many africans will breed relatively easily..keep their water changed and them well fed....
What type of african do you have now?

oscar_pack
07-02-2004, 10:40 AM
well to be honest i have no idea what kind it is. lol, my parents bought it for me and they said they didn't remember what it is called. but i know it only gets about 4-6 inches long. yes i will be keeping the 45gl. i tend to go more toward the sa/ca cichlids. and ive heard how easy convicts are to breed like they are the rabbit of cichlids, but it sounds fun. i like how they act when they are protecting there babies. im thinking i might buy a 20-30gl for my african, and give him some buddy's.