PDA

View Full Version : ok tank?

Big Whattie
06-12-2004, 07:52 AM
i have 3 green terrors in a 55gal one male about 3 to 3 1/2 inches a female 2 1/2 inches and another female 2 inches would they have enough room in there until say next march when i get a bigger tank or will they need a bigger tank i was thinking of maybe they need like a 75 gallon but when i get a bigger one i will prolly get a 135gal or something around that so what do yall think?

jennigypsy
06-12-2004, 02:57 PM
..the bigger the better...IMO...lol

...you maybe OK til March...maybe not...depends on the temper of the individual fish ....as they grow, you'll see their true demeanor...

Big Whattie
06-13-2004, 09:03 AM
thanks any others?

Alv
06-13-2004, 04:18 PM
A breeding pair only need 55g. I think if they do pair up 75g will not be enough they would just kill the left over female. Maybe you should get rid of one? But yeah 75g would be enough for 3 if you had all females!

Big Whattie
06-17-2004, 07:04 PM
ok but here is how it is the 2 1/2 inch laid eggs they were fertilized by the male gt 3 or 4 days later eggs disappeared then the 2 inch laid eggs and they were fertilized by the male gt then they done the same now the 2 1/2 inch has got some more eggs now y would they just disappearred they gaurd the nest good could they be eating them if so how can i prevent this

Alv
06-18-2004, 05:47 PM
My green terrors are a mateing pair. Now they have never got past the fertilzing stage due to being uncomfortable with the oscar in the tank. They have laid eggs 3 times and within a few hours the oscar is on there case so the eggs are eaten. I would just remove one female if you are intending to mate them.

Big Whattie
06-19-2004, 12:29 PM
i might try that i wasn't realy wanting to breed i would just like to try to raise some cause around here the only place that sells them is 2 hours away i might try to sell to local petshops i had along trip with mine in the little bag they gave me lol stopping every 30 min to change a little water but they made it