PDA

View Full Version : a whole new world

Neil N
12-20-2002, 07:43 AM
i have finally decided to see what all the fuss is about with Africans, and i've bought a new 100g and thats about it so far.....

I've read plenty of book but i figured that i may as well learn from all your mistakes.

What would you recomend i've been keeping fish for about 18 years, and prefer to keep a biotope tank (i'm not totally anal, but i prefer to keep it as close as possible to natural), but ive NEVER kept africans.

Any suggestions at all would be appreciated, if i'm gonna go this i'm gonna do it right.

PS any ideas as to what i can tell my wife about why she's never seen this tank before (shes not gonna fall for "i've had it years darling, it's just been dirty, and i've only just cleaned it out")

Overawed
12-20-2002, 08:14 AM
IMO you should go for a Plcidachromis Phenochilus community tank. They are the best africans (Malawi's) IMLE.

Funny stuff about your wife. I guess it will be hard to hide a 100g, might as well tell her it was a x-mas present for urself. :)

finz
12-20-2002, 06:07 PM
Uhhh I don't suppose she would believe that it just followed you home huh.

jonah
12-20-2002, 06:37 PM
PS any ideas as to what i can tell my wife about why she's never seen this tank before (shes not gonna fall for "i've had it years darling, it's just been dirty, and i've only just cleaned it out")

I think "Merry Christmas" ought to cover it.

Ho! Ho! Ho! :greenclause:

SGypsyMermaid
12-20-2002, 06:54 PM
Uhhh I don't suppose she would believe that it just followed you home huh. :lol: