PDA

View Full Version : What would YOU do????

Neil N
12-16-2002, 12:56 PM
hi guys,

i have a decision to make and need some help, i have a new 100g (or thereabouts) tank which had finished cycling and is ready to be someone's new home; trouble is who's?????

It has to be CA/SA's (sorry SGM) but i'm not yet ready to come over to the dark side, not too big, but still interesting.

i've already got and Oscar a Jag a RD and pair of black belts and was thinking of going back to basics........with.....wait for it...........

CONVICTS....

a couple of pairs, with plenty of room for them to do the necessary and raise the fry, and watch their behaviour in a biotope tank.......

trouble is are they enough to hold my interest in a tank that size or should i just say sod it and get a GT (one of the only tank busters i havent tried)

My Daughter's want some baby fish (they are 5 and 3) and convicts seem to fit the bill.

So do i keep my kids happy or do i buy the bruiser????

Rudy
12-16-2002, 01:54 PM
Buy the bruisier!! Better yet buy two of them.....why don't you breed green terrors.

jonah
12-16-2002, 07:43 PM
I think the world's seen enough convict fry. Get the green terror.

If your daughters want to see babies get them their own 10g with guppies. That way you'd have some free feeders for the real fish. :wink:

Guppy lovers don't flame me, I actually have a 125g guppy only tank and none of them are used for feeders. 8)

finz
12-16-2002, 07:54 PM
heh.... guppy flamers? I intend to feed my compressiceps on convict fry. Do I have to worry about convict flamers? :shock: :wink: :wink:

Rex Karr
12-17-2002, 09:47 AM
Go with both. A pair of convicts and a large fish. You shouldn't have any trouble with that. Have you tried things like Urophthalmus, Trimaculatus, Tuba, and Bifasciatus? These are all pretty big, not to commom, and should be able to to co-exist with a pair of convicts. Or you could go with a more unusual convict cousin, like the spiny cichlid. Just some ideas.