PDA

View Full Version : Driftwood

benneb
12-09-2002, 08:36 PM
Hello everyone, I am new to this board but not to fish keeping. I am starting up a 29 gallon Convict tank this month, and the main decoration of the tank will be a driftwood centerpeice. Do any of you have experience with www.aquariumdriftwood.com? They seem to have what I am looking for, but I wanted to see if anyone reccomended the site.

finz
12-10-2002, 09:20 PM
Hello Benneb

I'm not familiar with the site you mentioned but I am compelled to tell you that the most favorite decoration in my convict tank (according to the convicts themselves) is a hollow platic stump that I bought at PetSmart. They fought over posession of that stump for a week and the dominant pair nested in it. You can see a picture of it in the cichlidgallery.com portion of this site.

Rex Karr
12-10-2002, 10:51 PM
Sorry, I haven't ordered there either. But the quality and price of the wood looks good. I may order from them in a couple months, so if you order before then, let us know how everything goes.

Rex

Oh, and welcome to the Cichldi Forums!

benneb
12-11-2002, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the help. After searching a bit at google, I found some good reccomendations for the site, so I've ordered a peice. I'll try to get pictures of the tank at the end of the month when I have the tank set up.

Rex Karr
12-17-2002, 11:20 AM
Got your wood yet?

Koyukon
12-18-2002, 01:18 AM
Got your wood yet?

That's funny! :lol:

benneb
12-18-2002, 07:57 AM
Nope, not yet. They ship their wood on Mondays, and according to the shipping map on the site I'll have it by Friday.

benneb
12-19-2002, 06:37 PM
I received the driftwood today, and I'm impressed. I ordered a medium centerpeice, and at the longest points it is 15" by 10". It's got a few overhangs as hiding places. What I like is that the driftwood is already waterlogged, so doesn't need to be held down in the tank. I'll try to get pictures once the tank is set up.

Rex Karr
12-19-2002, 08:05 PM
Cool. Be sure to post those pictures when you get them. I'm hopeing to redecorate a few of my tanks after the new year. I'm thinking for the 125g in my room. I'm thinking some black sand, a few large boulders, some small greenish and blackish river stones, a large driftwood center piece, and some hardy live plants would make an awsome display for my Midas's, Zonatum, and convicts.

Oh, Benneb, what kinds of cichlids do you keep?

Rex

benneb
12-20-2002, 07:58 AM
I currently or once owned Cons, Firemouths, a GT, and Keyhole cichlids. Not a very wide selection, but I'm only 13, so it takes awhile to get the money to set up a good size aquarium.