PDA

View Full Version : check out my stocking list,need help

degrassi
12-05-2002, 02:53 PM
OK well i have started to make my stocking list for my 90gaal african tank. I know the species i want but not how many of each i can get. I would like your opinions on weither i should add or drop some of the species. Ok here it goes.

90gal with lava rock wall.
1- syno eupterus
1- BN pleco
5- yellow labs
3- Lab. "pearlmutt"
1- Aulonocara Ngara flametail
3- Aulonocara Blue regal
1 or more- taiwan reef

Now is there stil more rrom to add a red empress or tangerine tiger to the mix? Adjsut my numbers if you think i can have more.

Woot
12-05-2002, 04:07 PM
The numbers sound fine, there is a possiblity of hyrbidization with the Labidochromis Yellow labs and Peralmutts. I'd go with a Synodontis Multipuncatus or Petricola instead of the Eupterus, but both should do ok in this mix. The two mbuna (Labs) groups ya have listed should do ok with the Aulonocara, but I wouldn't add any bigger aggressive types.

SGypsyMermaid
12-05-2002, 07:09 PM
the two aulonocara species are very likely to hybridize as well--actually any fish from the same lakes may hybridize, but the odds increase if you have fish from the same genus, ie.: 2 types of labidochromis, 2 types of aulonocara.

degrassi
12-06-2002, 12:00 AM
I know there is a possibility that there wight be hybrid but i won't be selling the babies back to stores so this won't be a problem. Hopefully if there are fry most will be eaten(i know it sounds bad:( ) by the Syno. eupterus or the toehr fish. If there are surviving babies i will keep them or give them to friends with tanks.