PDA

View Full Version : Flowerhorn not eating. Clear/white poop

ZERO
12-18-2013, 03:58 AM
I'm keeping a Flowerhorn alone in a 100 gallon tank. He's about 12" long and has gotten over this condition once before. Years ago. The water P.H. is around 7.5 and the parameters are fluctuating because I'm doing 50% water changes every two days. I've been treating with Metronidazole. One little scoop per ten gallons for over two weeks now.He still seems strong. The fish is NOT eating. (only what I force feed him once a day) I've also used a trace of met in the food...soaked pellets and a syringe with a soft rubber hose. I believe he got this from some shrimp. Any help? I don't want to lose him.

Angloody
02-17-2014, 12:45 AM
A fish that is sick or under stress will not eat anyway and if you put food in the tank it will just pollute the water which is an unecessary stress in itself that can be prevented which in turn leads you to have to take out the food manually, another stress. No one ever said to starve the fish but to just let it fast for a few days or so.

Heyguy74
02-17-2014, 09:37 AM
What are your water parameters? How often are you changing your water? What size tank is the fish. What are the parameters of your tap water?

Heyguy74
02-17-2014, 12:02 PM
I just saw this is few months old already.