day 4

amonia .5

nitrite -5 ppm def off the charts

nitrade 10, very close to the 10 color

day 5

amonia .25

nitrite 5ppm def off the charts

nitrade 10 or 20, color got a bit more orange

Should i be doing anything different since my tap water has nitrite and nitrate?

SNAILOS
10-20-2013, 11:31 PM
I think personally that it is ok. It helps with the nitrification bacteria that they have food to become astablished in your filtration. Just make sure that there are no chlorine in the tap water that's deadly. You can always up water changes when tank is cycled to remove the waste product which is nitrite. There is chemicals aswell that you can use to remove but I would not do it.:)

dsun
10-21-2013, 12:41 PM
O ok

What do you guys do for water evaporation? I think due to my heater being on at 84 water is evaping fast..lost about a inch now...

SNAILOS
10-22-2013, 02:23 AM
Do you have a open aquaria? If so you can look at options for closing it up so that it drips back. I use Glass covers on top. Safes on the electricity bill to. Water temp stays stable.:)

Parrothead
10-22-2013, 07:25 AM
Once your tank is cycled you should have 0 amm. and 0 nitrites, the end product of the nitrogen cycle is nitrates, which we keep in control by doing water changes, I'm a bit concerned that you see nitrites in your tap water, are you on a well or city fed water supply. As for the evaporation, welcome to the hobby, I replace a gallon or so every 3 days on my tanks, part of the program.