PDA

View Full Version : New convicts in the 29 gallon

jennigypsy
03-25-2004, 11:32 PM
Hiya,
well...I had been 'taking applications' on what to put in the 2 empty tanks sitting here staring at me...I got the 29 up & running first..and the winners are : a pair of convicts. I know it's not the most exciting choice...not the flashiest nor the biggest...but they get an A for effort...any 3 inch fish that thinks it can kill an oscar gets an 'atta boy' from me. Yep, I know I'll probably be sorry 3000 fry from now, but I just couldn't resist them...they're so spunky! ( and as a 'thank you' for reading this post, I'll be sending you some fry...just let me know how many dozen you'd like)

cichgirl
03-26-2004, 07:49 AM
You'll have a never ending supply of live food! :D

jennigypsy
03-26-2004, 08:00 AM
see...that's the thing....I really, REALLY don't think I have the heart to do that.....I mean, maybe I'll have a change of heart...but right now the thoughts of it..:(
So cichgirl...you said 2 dozen?

cichgirl
03-26-2004, 08:55 AM
Yep, and I won't tell you what I'll do with them :hehe:

Just kidding... I know what you mean about not having the heart. I moved a shark that was in with my juvie jack dempseys into the big tank to live with my oscars and was horrified when I saw one of my juvies swimming happily from the net.. He was so cute I couldn't leave him in there because the bigger oscar (9") keyed in on him right away and the little jd (>1") was not scared of him... I saved him and put him back with his siblings before he became lunch... He wasn't even bothered by it as I was. I normally don't mind feeding live food-- proper precautions of course, but when you raise them you kind of get attached...

Oscar
03-26-2004, 11:57 AM
hehehe ya I hear ya!! My little oscars are doing great, they will be just the two of them in my 77gal tank, I want them to stay healthy and happy. As long as the tank fits of course ;)

drobbins27
04-12-2004, 07:48 PM
DRobs could use some, he needs osme for his empty 29g lol