PDA

View Full Version : Cichlid floating around top of tank on his side

cdnixon3
10-07-2013, 09:40 PM
I noticed tonight one of smaller cichlids is floating around the top of the tank mostly on one side. Unless another comes near him then he moves pretty quick, it looks like one of his side fins is tore a little, no sure if this was one of the others beating up on him because he's sick or if this is the cause. I moved him to a smaller tank by himself but don't have another filter or heater. Does anyone know what's wrong with him and what I can do to help him???

ef9boy88
10-08-2013, 12:06 AM
It sounds like he's in pretty rough shape, and probably from getting picked on, it sounds like you're doing all you can at the moment although a filter and heater would be helpful to his cause.

SNAILOS
10-08-2013, 12:23 AM
Sorry to hear Mate.:(

pfoster74
10-08-2013, 08:10 AM
I have a couple 2.5 gallon floating cages for sick or pregnant fish. I purchased mine at petco. something like that would be better for your fish to be in regulated heated water and to be in a cycled tank. when I use them I put a rock on top of the cage just to leave them in one spot.

cdnixon3
10-10-2013, 08:22 AM
I decided to put him in my other tank and he seems to be doing much better. He was the smallest in the first tank and I'm thinking something is wrong with the filter. Not flowing like it should, so going for new one today. Hope the others are ok til then