PDA

View Full Version : my oscar is sick HELP!!!!

Oscarbaby06
03-25-2004, 03:32 PM
Hi! I Have a small baby oscar and i put a somehwhat bigger Jack Dempsey in along with him. Well! The jack Dempsey beat him to near death! I took the Dempsey out I am returning him tonight! Anyways he beat him up he's got all scratched on him also the JD bit his eye and this white thing is hanging off his eye! he also has been doing thease flips and turns all over the tank like water ballat or something! I am very nervous for him and I love him so much hes so sweet! Please help! anyone! I just got him on Sunday and it is now thursday!:nervous: :eek:

Oscar
03-26-2004, 11:51 AM
Im really sorry about your oscar, there a tough fish, but im not sure what to tell you right now, is his eye bad? The scars and stuff should heal. I hope he gets better!!
Be patient, theres some good people here that can help advise you.
Take care!!

Oscarbaby06
03-26-2004, 12:57 PM
Im sorry. Poor Cody Passed away last night. I went to the store to get Melafix and I got home and he was dead. I was real dissapointed. he was a special fish. That Jack dempsey I wanted to flush him so bad! But I didnt I returned him to petsmart. I am getting a new oscar and Pleco probably sometime this weekend.
Oscars are awesome when i was Younger we had one and he would eat anything you put in the tank We bought a lobster once as a pet and put him in the tank and the oscar ate him! I am new to this hobby but im eager to learn everything i need to know! My dad and mom have been teaching me alot too since they've had fish and stuff for many years But i use this as a extra resource! Just a lil bit bout myself:
Im 15 I love fish! Oscars especially
I love dogs I love dog agility!
I love horses and Miniature horses
I love to Scottish dance!!!!!
those are some of my hobbys!
Back to the ole school books now (im home schooled)

~Vicky

Rip Cody Man
Rest in Peace

cichgirl
03-26-2004, 01:57 PM
Oh, sorry to hear about Cody.. I've never been able to bring any fish back when they start swimming like that. Sounds like trauma. Don't beat yourself up, it doesn't sound like there was anything you could do at that point... I know it's not much of a consolation but, starting over can be fun!

Oscarbaby06
03-26-2004, 03:35 PM
Yea Starting over will be fun! Thanks for caring. I just read your profile! Your brthday CichGirl Is a day after mine. lol. Im feeling a lil better about Cody today. Hopefully this weekend i'll get a new oscar and it will be one of Codys brothers or sisters...and a Pleco.

Happy Fish!

~Vicky

Big Whattie
03-26-2004, 07:35 PM
hey oscarbaby i was looking at your pro and i noticed your b-day is 1 day after mine well good luck with your oscar another fun fish is a green terror i just thought i would add that in

Oscarbaby06
03-26-2004, 08:37 PM
Thanks Big Whattie. I'll keep the green terror in mind. When I go to my LFS this weekend I'll see if they have some. I have researched this fish and their preety too!

Have a Great Weekend!

~Vicky