PDA

View Full Version : I got my Python today!

cichlidlvr
03-24-2004, 11:22 PM
Man I never knew how great this thing was gonna be. :D I did both tanks in less than 1/2 hour.This is the greatest Aquarium invention since Fish :lol:. I got mine from www.bigalsonline.com for less than $30.00 yipee!!:party:

PedroPSK
03-25-2004, 07:00 AM
You're telling me!!! I got mine about 2 weeks ago and its awsome!!!! I LOVE this thing. SOOO cool and easy to use. Now that i have 3 tanks I figured it was worth the extra money, if I knew it was this easy and fun I would have sprung for it a while ago!!!

:D
:D

2petuniasmom
03-25-2004, 07:45 AM
Yup !!! A truly great invention. I used mine a couple of weeks ago at my brothers house to drain a tank. I was amazed that it took the tank right down to the glass:eek: Of course when the suction was broke, some of the water fell back into the tank but it made tearing down a setting up a new tank a breeze.
:ok:

Seedy
03-25-2004, 05:36 PM
I used to do 30 15gal tanks in about half my shift at the pet store I worked at in highschool....I have never been without a "python" since (even have 30 extra feet of hose)...however...you can save a lot of money by making your own with a water bed "filler" attachment for the connection to the faucet, a few valves, some hose, and "any old syphon"...

cichlidlvr
03-26-2004, 02:08 AM
Seedy I thought about doing that but figured I would only save about $5.00 so I bought mine.

conig
03-26-2004, 12:26 PM
I inhearited mine when I bought a tank I don't have a sink it will work on. sp I hook it up to the hose out the window. lol

so much nicer two many trips with a 5gallon bucket on the 150 gallon the old way. lol

hybrid
03-26-2004, 01:28 PM
I've not had any luck with the Python, my sinks are all too high of the ground I think. I never tried it with my garden hose, I returned it before I got that far. Plus, I cant regulate temp. with the water hose.

SGypsyMermaid
03-26-2004, 03:10 PM
i almost wish that i'd never gotten one--i never had more than 2 tanks at a time when i had to carry buckets!:mad:

cichlidlvr
03-26-2004, 03:11 PM
conig they make several different attachments to adapt to your sink just take a look @ your favorite online retailer and your in business.

Seedy
03-28-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by hybrid
I've not had any luck with the Python, my sinks are all too high of the ground I think. I never tried it with my garden hose, I returned it before I got that far. Plus, I cant regulate temp. with the water hose.

Pythons should work regardless of sink heigth...they use a venturi affect from the flow comming out the tap to suction from your tank...

conigI had no luck at the fish stores looking for a 'python' made adapter...I ended up at my local hardware store, and found the correct adapter for my sink there...

jonah
03-28-2004, 05:02 PM
The limiting factor with the Python is usually water pressure. Mine is pretty low, so it takes longer to drain a tank, but it's still better than buckets.

SGypsyMermaid
03-28-2004, 10:41 PM
mine is low, too...it won't work for the bottom level tanks--i still have to use buckets to drain those.

Seedy
03-28-2004, 10:49 PM
SGM and Jonah...have you two tried taking the 'water saving' part of the faucet off? Most newer homes/apartments have 'low-flow' heads on them...(i'm not much of a plumber so I don't know what they are really called)

Also, if you can go through a window or door to an outside spigot, they often have better pressure (but then you can't control the temp of your replacement water)...

jonah
03-28-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Seedy
Also, if you can go through a window or door to an outside spigot, they often have better pressure (but then you can't control the temp of your replacement water)...

You answered your own question there.

The two faucets I use are designed to accept the Python. I replaced the heads years ago. We just have low water pressure here. I can't even use my RO unit because it needs 60 psi to run it properly, unless I want to install a booster. At best I've got 30 psi, although I haven't tested it lately.

Seedy
03-28-2004, 11:06 PM
You answered your own question there.

I did? ok...

Seedy
03-28-2004, 11:08 PM
I've talked to people who have trailers up at the lake and they have horrible water pressure too, one solution that I've seen is to build your own 'water tower', it consisted of a pump and a holding tank on a stand that was about 5 foot taller than their trailer was, supposedly it made all the difference in the world...