PDA

View Full Version : Oscars, flowerhorn, green terror?

Oscar
03-17-2004, 04:06 PM
Hi Gang, just got 2 new additions to my 77gal tank, 2" flowerhorn, and 2" green terror, problem is they seem to be picking on the oscars, which are close to 4" now, even though the oscars are defending themselves and chasing the little buggers, the flowerhorn and green terror are nipping at the oscars, there pretty quick!! Im noticing new scars on the Oscars. Any suggestions, will they be ok together or do I take the new guys back to pet shop.

Chet
03-17-2004, 04:31 PM
The flowerhorn is definitely going to be more aggressive than the oscars, and most green terrors will be. If you like you oscars, I would take the new guys back. If not, they will likely harass you oscars till they die of stress. Besides, a 77 gallon probably won't be large enough for your two oscars alone in the long run. They'll grow fast and fill up all that space within the next year or so.

Personally, I'm not all that big on oscars, but I love my green terror. I would take everyone back, but the green terror and just put some smaller cichlids with it in the 77, along with some bottom feeders, etc...

Oscar
03-17-2004, 04:39 PM
I think your right, but Ive grown attached to the oscars, even though the green terror is pretty cool, I think im going to have to take him and the flowerhorn back. Before too much of
this goes on. :duel:
Anyone else have any advise or experience with this problem?
I would rather not have to get rid of them.
Im hoping everyone will just get along.

bevoman
03-17-2004, 09:36 PM
Chet is right. You need to decide who you want to keep. Oscars alone, gt's alone or fh's alone. Thats my opinion.

Oscar
03-18-2004, 04:34 AM
Thanks, I had a feeling I wouldnt be keeping them long.
Anyone want a couple fish? Free!!!

Vip
03-18-2004, 09:47 AM
i think i can solve that problem!
buy another tank! then you got lots to look at and all the figh you want as well!

Oscar
03-18-2004, 04:28 PM
Too late, im saving space, took back the flowerhorn and green terror, and kept my pals, the oscars, they got too much personality to let go. :)
They came right to the top of the tank after the disturbance of getting the other two out. Thought they would be in shock, but nope, I woulda sworn they was thanking me. And its funny how they never lose there appetites either!! :pop:
The green terror and flowerhorn are back at the pet shop doing time!! :D