PDA

View Full Version : Monster aquaria network and li need your help

DISCIPLE
07-17-2012, 07:41 AM
THIS IS A NONPROFIT WEBSITE RUN BY A FRIEND OF MINE. HE IS BEING SUED WRONGFULLY. THIS WOULDNT JUST HURT HIM BUT OTHERS LIKE MYSELF. I DONT WANT YOUR MONEY JUST A EMAIL OR BOYCOTT. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

MonsterAquariaNetwork and Li need your help!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MFK and all of MAN need your help!

Recently, we received a notice that we are being sued for breach of copyright and were given a cease and desist letter for both the word “Monster” and our logo, the “monster M”, despite the fact that the trademarks have been registered since 2005. Please take a minute to visit the blog that has been started and read to find out what you can do to help.

Li is a long time club member and has always been a huge personal supporter of CCA. He needs us now.

As you know, Li (neoprodigy) is also a massive supporter of the hobby, from donating funds and supplies to conventions to maintaining our series of free networks for fishkeepers of all kinds all over the world. His influence and support of the hobby should be legendary, and he has always maintained his sites at no cost to our members.

The network does not have the money for a lengthy legal battle and the future of the forums could be at risk. I would like to thank any of you that take the time to send emails, phone calls, or letters in our defense.

To reiterate, additional information and explanation can be found on the blog that has been set up at the following address: http://support.monsterfishkeepers.com/

The contact information for reaching the Monster Energy Corporation is listed below:

Monster Energy Corporation Contact Information
Address:
Monster Beverage Corporation
Attention: Consumer Relations
550 Monica Circle Suite 201
Corona, CA 92880

Phone:
1-800-426-7367

Email:
info@monsterbevcorp.com

http://monsterbevcorp.com/contact.php

Monster Energy Company

Address:
550 Monica Circle, Suite 201
Corona, CA 92880

Phone:
866-322-4466 Ext. 585

http://www.monsterenergy.com/us/en/h...ages%3Acontact

Monster Energy Corporation Brands

Monster Energy
Hansen’s Natural
Peace Tea
Worx Energy
Blue Sky

Please join us in a total boycott of all their products and make your voice heard through letters, emails, or phone calls. We know that our fellow fish heads will come to our support and help us win this battle.
Support Monster Fish Keepers | We are being sued for copyright infringement. Please Help.
support.monsterfishkeepers.com
On February 24, Monster Energy Company sent a cease & desist letter to MonsterFishKeepers.com in regards to their use of the marks MonsterFishKeepers, and the Mons

SabrinaD
07-17-2012, 10:40 AM
I will have to say as a lay person, the logos are very different. There is no way I'd see the Monster Aquaria Logo and think it had anything to do with Monster energy drinks. One looks likes claw marks, the other looks like a demon. But then again, the beatles (Apple Records) kept suing Apple Computer Company even though a silhouette of and apple with a bite mark out of looks nothing like a picture of a bright green apple. I hope you guys win this suit. I'll try to send an email later.

Chromedome
07-17-2012, 06:45 PM
There is also a post about this in the Lounge. A reasonable judge should dismiss the case as having no merit, but there are so few reasonable judges out there any more......

austings
07-18-2012, 12:12 PM
Thats Coca-Cola for you. They gotta make money some how seeing that they can't sell product..And I can say that, because I work for Pepsi :)

Joking aside, I dont see how anyone would confuse the two logo's. They look nothing alike. I will send an email as well. Hopefully this gets dropped.

Regalblue
07-20-2012, 07:01 AM
http://www.change.org/petitions/monster-beverage-corporation-do-not-sue-monster-fish-keepers-for-trademark-infringement

There's the petition link, please sign it even if you're not on MFK

Victoria
08-30-2012, 08:26 PM
What ended up happening?