PDA

View Full Version : Future African Tank

Beaker
09-04-2002, 11:18 PM
Let's just play what if....

I think if I get another tank it would probably be a 90g. I'd love to go bigger, like a monster 400g or something and use my 125g for the new set up, but who knows. Anyway, the new set up being 90-125g would either be saltwater or an African tank. I'm not sure yet, but what would you guys do if you got to stock it with Africans? I like a variety, but could convinced to go species if it was a good choice. Thanks!

P.S. Anyone that would like to donate to the "Beaker Monster Tank Fund" please contact me. I assure you 100% of all funds received go to me.

P.S.S Remember I work for Pizza Hut, their could be trades worked out!

Boilermaker
09-05-2002, 01:49 AM
Beaker, there was a post here before the first crash,
the poster did a 90g Tanganyikan with 4 diff. species, shells on one end for of course shellies, rocks at the other end for julies, top water for cyps middle sandy bottom for xenos.
He said it worked out great.

I personally like PizzaHut, the rest of the family PapaJohns I guess they like that sweet sauce.
My stepson used to work PapaJohns, PizzaHut was next door he said the perfect Pizza was pizzahuts crust and sauce with papajohns toppings.

Whereabouts in Arizona are ya?

Beaker
09-05-2002, 10:19 PM
I'm in Gilbert, AZ.

I never thought of combining pizzas, but a great idea. I do that with fast food, I'd like a Whopper from BK, frys from Wendy's, and a Coke from McDonalds. I dunno why, but McDonalds Coke is better than anyones.

Back to the tank though. That sounds like a great idea. I love the fact that it's sectioned off for the specific types. I think that's logical and I think it would look cool too! Thanks for the idea!

SGypsyMermaid
09-06-2002, 04:32 AM
go for a 180 gal and get a group of cyathopharynx furcifer! and then let me come to visit!

jnorris
09-07-2002, 09:43 PM
Ya I am an IT nerd.

I am looking for the same tank size...except tall.

Any leads on a good tank. I am considering the plastic variety except the rocks are bad on the sides.

Also I need to get the lowdown on substrate and something to keep my Ph in check.

I am looking to throw down $1000 US

Jonathan

Boilermaker
09-08-2002, 12:25 AM
Welcome J.Norris, You just missed a good deal, friend of mine just sold her 170g tank,stand, canopy, filters. 600.00 at a yard sale. same dimensions as my 125g just taller :(

chennes
09-08-2002, 07:56 AM
I am considering the plastic variety except the rocks are bad on the sides.
You can use a thin layer of styrofoam between the rocks and the plastic to prevent the scratches - it's generally good practice even with glass.

Also I need to get the lowdown on substrate and something to keep my Ph in check.
I use 1/2 crushed coral and 1/2 sand - it keeps the pH at a very consistent 7.5-8.5.

Chris

jnorris
09-08-2002, 12:21 PM
Bummer. Well actually I am going to start combing Denver today for some deals. I need to take some measurements and I am off.

Jonathan

jonah
09-08-2002, 01:46 PM
If you're willing to travel, there's a guy here in Oklahoma selling his 180g custom with stand and canopy for $1200. He posted it on the Cental Oklahoma Marine Aquarium Society forum at www.reefcentral.com in the reef clubs section near the bottom on the first message page. I think it's a reef ready, but still very functionable for cichlids. I'd buy it myself, but I don't have enough room for another tank that size. The guy's username is Aquaticus. He's even said he'd take a deposit to hold it until it's paid for. The tank is in OKC and there's a picture in the post titled "180 for sale or trade".

jnorris
09-08-2002, 02:47 PM
There is no way I could get the time off. I have too many projects going on right now. I will prob. will just go with a new tank. I just hope my fish will hang in there until I get the new one going. It will problably be a month before I can actually put my Africans in the tank once I get it set up.

I made the mistake of putting too many fish in one tank and they are all growing like mad. I just hope this will be the last tank I will get. I can forsee it getting out of hand quick.

Thanks,

Jonathan

SGypsyMermaid
09-08-2002, 03:17 PM
JNORRIS---too late, you've already crossed over to the dark side.. :twisted:

Boilermaker
09-08-2002, 09:55 PM
Muuuahahahahahaha :twisted: