PDA

View Full Version : This may seem like a stupid question..

Avie
03-02-2004, 01:48 PM
This might seem like a stupid question... but how can you clean a tank that has sand in it? My tank has large river rocks.. i vaccuum out the dirt with a syphening hose. If i had sand, it would vaccuum out the sand as well..

How do you clean with sand? Is sand better than rocks?

Also, for a long period of time, my tank had NO gravel at all. I had 4 oscars and they were so messy that having no gravel was just more practical.

Anyways, if you can explain the sand situation, i would like to know. I think sand looks better in a tank, but my biggest oscar moves around the 1" rocks as it is. I think she would never let the sand settle.

Solace
03-02-2004, 01:52 PM
You don't stick the vac tube into the sand you basically just hover it over the top sucking up any of the fish waste you can.

the209jungalist
03-04-2004, 07:56 PM
Solace! I am so glad you put that on your sig my Mom showed me that a few weeks ago, it's hilarious! That definetly is a song to be shared!:ok:

Solace
03-06-2004, 10:20 PM
Glad you liked it... I found it rather amusing too. To be honest it really wouldn't bother me if it was true. Anyone that can eat a chicken can eat ANYTHING!