PDA

View Full Version : Operation wet/dry

Lil_hoyt
04-29-2012, 05:45 PM
Tomorrow is D-Day...

So I got a freebie Eshopps 125 wet/dry tank, trickle tray and egg crate. I went out today to pick up a few Items for the install. While doing so I got a overflow box with two supply lines at 1" each for a great deal at my LFS in the used section. My question is : Should I cap one and go with just a single supply line or run them together with a T fitting down to the wet/dry? Btw I'm using a Rio Plus 2100 pump and the tank is 90 gallons. Any feedback would be great.

Thanks
Lil_hoyt

Parrothead
04-30-2012, 05:26 AM
I would only go with one, your pump is only going to produce a little less than 400 gph at the height.

baytherman
04-30-2012, 07:57 AM
I would only go with one, your pump is only going to produce a little less than 400 gph at the height.
+1. You may also want to consider additional filtration depending on what you plan on keeping in that tank. Good Luck!

Dave

Lil_hoyt
04-30-2012, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the replys... I have two canisters in place right now, that I have had in place for two years,plan is to take out one of them after about a month or two and let the wet/dry build its bio load first. Had a set back today, the lid for the wet/dry I had made was to small and fell in to the drip tray, so I have to pick that up tomorrow from the glass shop.

Thanks again

Lil_Hoyt

thefisherman
04-30-2012, 04:56 PM
just out of curiosity if your pump will produce more than 400gph say 890gph, then use both 1" overflow lines right?

basically as long as both overflow and return pump gph match..

- thefisherman