PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Peacock (help!)

tdubrow
02-25-2004, 09:28 AM
My yellow peacock seems to be really, Really skinny! In the middle of his stomach there is sort of a indent like he is missing some of his stomach. he is acting normal and eating fine. I dont see any signs of disease or parasites but something must be wrong. Does anyone have any ideas.

zoostation1973
02-25-2004, 11:58 AM
I'm no fish doctor but....

I picked up a peacock a few weeks ago with the same type of indent. She's filled out now. It sounds like yours might be underfed? Do the others push him outta the way at feeding time?

tdubrow
02-25-2004, 01:55 PM
Yes, the other fish are more aggressive getting the food. I try my best to make sure he definitely gets his share. (not always successful). I had a feeling he was probably not eating enough as well so in the last few days I made sure he got his share so i will give it a few weeks and see what happens. How long did it take yours to fill out? Do you think I should put him in my quarantine tank for a few weeks to plump him up? Thanks, I appreciate your help.

zoostation1973
02-25-2004, 06:02 PM
Took me about 2 weeks to get her looking right. You might want to try the quarantine tank if you have it available.

MalawiMayhem
02-25-2004, 08:54 PM
look at the fish's poop...if it is white and stringy, he may have internal parasites.