PDA

View Full Version : Convict not looking happy..

heavensdelight
02-24-2004, 08:00 AM
Hiya, Wondering if anyone can shed some light. I have two convicts one female the other male. Over time the female has managed to batter her tail, to such an extent that she does not have much of a tail now.

Initially we did not worry due to their aggressiveness and also because her favourite hideout is by the filter, so we thought the problem was just physical damage.

Now she has developed white kind of scratch marks on her side by her gills and this making me very concerned.

The other fish though is looks healthy and fine.

Any ideas what it is and if there is anything I can do about it?

Thanks!

cichgirl
02-24-2004, 01:01 PM
Is she getting beat up by the male? Are the fin edges white? Any kind of fungus? You could try to treat the tank with melafix, it's a light antibacterial...

heavensdelight
02-25-2004, 03:27 AM
The male does tend bully her a bit, but nothing out of the ordinary convict behaviour. The fin edges aren't white and no, there is no fungus.... I had a look at the "scratch marks" closer yesterday they are not as much scratch marks as it's that some scales that jus look lighter then they;re surrounding ones....

Anyway, thanks for the tip will try melafix... I'm getting to think it's probably nothing serious jus "fight" marks....