PDA

View Full Version : i need help with green terrors

Big Whattie
02-23-2004, 05:35 PM
i have 4 gt's about an inch long in a 20gal they aren't doing well i have and 2 in same tank same size they always die and i don't know why they eat a little i feed they cichlid flakes should i feed them something else?

entombed
02-23-2004, 06:38 PM
A 20 gal is too small a tank ( At 1 inch a 20 shouldn't be a problem but will quickly need an upgrade ). You should at least have a 55g minimum for a single GT or a pair but a 48x20X20 would be preferred. Feeding you should provide a varied diet. Just feeding flake will not be any good for the fish as it grows. Use a pellet based diet and maybe 2 or 3 times a week as a treat give some bloodworm or some other high protein frozen or live food. If you search around on the web you will also find some great home made recipes that you can freeze and feed with the pellet diet which is a good money saver option then to buy the frozen foods from a shop.

Big Whattie
02-23-2004, 07:09 PM
thanks any other suggestions?

entombed
02-23-2004, 08:44 PM
will you be getting a bigger tank or sticking with the 20g? If keeping the 20 I would get a nice pair of Archocentrus sajica or a pair of Thorichthys meeki