PDA

View Full Version : Black Algea !!BIG TIME!!

Vip
02-12-2004, 12:56 AM
the black algea has taken over my tank, its got to the state where i need to remove all my fish, can anyone tell me what to do? anything i can put in my tank, besides scrubbing everything and ripping the whole tank out?
pls help.

the209jungalist
02-13-2004, 03:29 AM
Use the algae products that are safe for plants so you don't lose your plants. It can't hurt to use it if it is now this bad.

This is the label from the pond section Algae Fix, the only reason I bought this one is because it is identical to the aquarium Algae Fix but it was a dollar cheaper -they both are the same ingredients and concentration.

Use Algae Fix it's by Aquarium Pharmaceuticals, for use in ponds and fountains containing Live Plants and Fish.
*Effectively controls "green water"algal blooms, string or hair algae (Cladophora) and blanketweed (Oedogonium)
*Controls many types of algae in water gardens koi and goldfish pands and ornamental fountains while keeping water clean and clear

One label says fountain pond stuff, the other says aquarium so wherever it says pond pretend it says aquarium!:)