PDA

View Full Version : Oscar in a Rubbermaid

dwarfcat
02-08-2004, 11:26 PM
One of my friends got about a 14 inch oscar. He got this big clear rubbermaid tank to keep it in. It prolly holds about 30 gallons. He has a filter and heater in it. It seems to do fine in there. It has room to move. What are your thoughts on this? Its like one of those storage bins that you can get at walmart for 4 bucks. Seems like he saved alot of money on a tank to me.

jonah
02-09-2004, 05:21 AM
I don't think 30g is big enough, it's a bit like making a full grown person live in a broom closet, and it's not as much fun to look at an oscar from the top as it is from the side.

usafschue
02-09-2004, 09:41 AM
what are the intentions of your friend, is this just to bide time till he/she gets a tank? Or is it supposed to be a permanent enclosure?

dwarfcat
02-09-2004, 08:39 PM
Its prolly going to be there forever. It was 10 bucks at the petstore and he couldnt pass it up.

usafschue
02-09-2004, 09:59 PM
well that tub is way too small for a 14 inch fish obviously, but it is up to your friend to decide how they want it to live. Deal or not, it is a living thing and I have gathered I am not the only one who believes it needs appropriate care. The better you treat fish, the more plentiful the reward of their loyalty and beauty, especially in oscars!