PDA

View Full Version : Its done

Convicts4life
01-08-2004, 09:14 PM
I finally set my 45 gallon up. I dont know if it was a mistake or not but I got 4 Jewel cichlids. They are in the tank with nothing else but hiding spaces. Tank is now run with AC300 and Emperor 285 bio-wheel.
Do you guys think, even when these jewels are full grown (there about an inch now) they will be OK in this tank? Could I atleast keep 2 when they are full grown?
Thanks. :D

Watcher
01-10-2004, 07:53 AM
they should be cool. seems like enough room to me.

usafschue
01-28-2004, 04:07 PM
I think its enough room, as they are hide and seek fish. as long as you have cover you're alright. Love to see some pics sometime, I would love to see some more jewel pics here

the209jungalist
01-30-2004, 12:57 AM
Believe me those jewels are loving life right now I used to have jewels, very cool fish, extremely territorial. Just remember when you add in others rearange your decorations or the new fish will never have a chance.

I used to have a convict -Spike and a jewel -Pushy Fin (had no idea one was SA and one was african) in a 10gal, they got along fine for about 5 years. One day Pushy Fin decided he did not like Spike and almost put him to his death, I had to get a tank divider. Pushy Fin still went after Spike even with the divider in place I always kept my lid closed too from cats. Well I fed my guys then got called into work left my lid open and when I came back 2-3 hours later Pushy Fin had hopped over on the other side and ate Spike. Very sad I really liked Spike.
Then I went to get Pushy Fin a friend. I found this cool orange fish that was bigger than him, no name on the tank, I asked how much he was $2.00, I was like sweet I'll take him. Got him home put him in the tank, fine, came back a little later he had eaten Pushy Fin who I had for 5years!!!! Argh!!! I went back to the store asked why that fish was only $2.00 for as big as he was, they said oh he's been bought like 3-4 times and returned cause he keeps killing fish, I was like well what does he eat? they said fish. This was when I discovered what a Red Devil really was a cute little DeViL!

Sorry kinda got off track.... Oh sweet memories!!!

the209jungalist
01-30-2004, 12:59 AM
I just thought i'd let you know, you know that jewels are african right?