PDA

View Full Version : fish into new tank

Synthesis5
12-12-2003, 10:17 PM
i just put my oscars into a new tank. ph level was at 7.0 but, my oscars are swimming to the side and in total stillness. is this noraml activity that they do when ever they are handled/put in a new tank. i just scooped them out of the old tank with the net and just put them right in the new tank which is less than a foot away. will they be fine????

ludwig
12-13-2003, 08:03 AM
oscars like more acidic water,and hate new water.Try putting some driftwood in the tank to soften the water.Or put them back in thier old home and let the new tank establish itself .

Poet8102
12-13-2003, 09:04 AM
That is perfectly normal activity for stressed out oscars or oscars in general. Just give them some time to be able to calm down and they will be fine.

ludwig
12-13-2003, 10:14 AM
poetis right,it could just be temporary,maybe lower the lighting,but the tank has to be established,i move my oscars back and forth no problem ,of course some flounder on day one.

Synthesis5
12-14-2003, 11:00 PM
well its been two day now, and im happy to say that the oscars are ok, thanks for the responses. and adding some drift wood sounds like a good idea. thanks for the help