PDA

View Full Version : recomended substrate

sac39051
12-03-2003, 07:27 PM
what would be a good choice of substrate for a gt or breeding pair of gt's? i want something that wont be too hard to deal with.

Rudy
12-04-2003, 08:56 AM
Use course sand. Pool filter sand froma pool store is what I use for all my tanks. It is cheap and easy to clean.

conig
12-04-2003, 05:00 PM
Rudy I find crushed coral hard to clean, I can't imagine pool filter sand being anybetter, I always end up sucking it up the hose, as theres never enough vacuam to get the turds up. unless I plung it into the substrate. lol

or does my python suck(or there lack of)

00raz
12-11-2003, 05:59 AM
i use sand for mine and hose pipe to clean it .if u block the end of the hose by half "i use a piece of wood n wedge it in" itz twice the power!! suks the turds but if u go 2close it gets the sand too:ok:

wheelie
12-11-2003, 04:27 PM
i use small gravel and just use i guess it's called a hosepipe to clean it. it's very easy to clean and there's no chance of it interfering with your filter. if you want to give them a good brooding area get a terra-cotta pot big enough for them to both fit in and lay it on its side.

ludwig
12-13-2003, 09:58 AM
i stick the siphon tube into the mouth of a discarded plastic bottle with the bottom cut out and put a few bioballs inside to prevent the gravel from getting sucked up,get it?