PDA

View Full Version : ooo boy.. babies lol

CichlidLover8
11-25-2008, 05:23 PM
Okay I purchased two black convicts. I had put them in my 10 gallon quarantine tank, the only thing in there was a thin layer of gravel and a rock. I just looked in there and there are a heck of a lot of babies in there! They are actually being quite good parents in the tank they are in. Because of their age I am guessing this is their first time mating. They are keeping the babies on bare glass and constantly collecting them and spitting them back into the circle. However I am not sure what to do in this position? Should I let them be? The tank is rather small, even for a quarantine! Need some advice here..
-Leah

Larry
11-25-2008, 07:40 PM
Your going to have to come up with a plan on what to do with the fry, con fry aren't the easiest to unload and now that your 2 have paired off they are going to keep breeding like mad. Even if left in the main tank alot of fry will survive just because convicts are very dominant parent that will harass anything within eye sight of the young!!

oshp132
11-29-2008, 04:56 AM
Have fun!!!! It is always a great feeling when you see those fry swimming around. If I were you I'd just set up a couple fish stores and see if you could donate the fry. Or you could get with some of the hobbyists in your area and donate them to those guys to use as feeders!
MIKE