PDA

View Full Version : 75 gallon stocking dilemma

Clark3@30
09-22-2008, 03:36 PM
I have a 75 gallon tank with two emperor 400 filters on it. In the tank I have three 1 to 2 inch convicts, a 5 inch Jack Dempsey, two 3 inch blue acara, and a 2 inch Salvani. I had two 2 inch firemouths and a 1.5 inch bristlenose pleco that have gone missing during the last two nights. Any ideas on what I can do to curb aggression? Should I add something to the tank or remove something from the tank. Thanks in advance for any help. The three I lost were my fiance and children's favorites.

jombi21
09-22-2008, 03:57 PM
Are we sure the fish are missing because of the aggression? You have a lot of fish, but all are relatively small and a 75 is a decent sized tank. The JD is much larger though. Have you noticed anyone taking control of the tank? putting a lot of stress on the rest of the fish? Have you found any dead fish bodies? Could they have jumped? Well, the pleco probably wouldn't have... It has only been 2 nights, so try to search the tank (in and around) for anything that might resemble a fish.

Jom

Clark3@30
09-22-2008, 05:32 PM
I found the half eaten bodies after work. The one firemouth had been very aggressive before his demise.

Peeps
10-03-2008, 05:01 AM
You can try adding some more hiding spots for the time being. Some cichlids just do not get along no matter what you do. Some just hate each other but hopefully adding some more hiding spots will help. The more the better. Aww, sorry you lost them.