PDA

View Full Version : green terror happier in smaller tank!!!

dan
11-16-2003, 10:22 AM
i have a 5 inch green terror that with my other tankmates got recently put into a large 150 gal aquarium. this is where the trouble started she lost all her color almost instantly and would not move i figured maybe she just needed to adjust to the larger tank.....WRONG ! after a week of her continuing this patern i decided to move her temporarily to my free 30 gallon tank until i found a home for her(the tank she came out of is being replaced this tuesday with a pair of festae ala rapps:dance: ) anyway i set up a cave in there for her to have hopefully a little security and sure enough the next morning all of her color was back and she was swimming happy and even defends her cave from me when i get to close to it shes eating healthy again and seems fine. the moral of this story is i guess sometimes particular fish cleary dont follow the common rule even as far as tank size goes surely shes big enough to go into her own 55 gallon but even that didnt make her happy.

Rex Karr
11-16-2003, 12:49 PM
She was probably getting slapped around a lot in the 150g, right? With Red Terrors, Umbies, and Buttikoferi for tankmates I wouldn't be surprised if that was the problem.

dan
11-16-2003, 01:46 PM
i thought so but she had no marks on her the thing you gotta understand about the mix i have is that i have that mix because they really dont seem to fight with eachother

the209jungalist
01-28-2004, 11:16 AM
I couldn't help but notice you spell butterkoferi like buttercoferi. Um am I spelling it wrong, this has just got me curious.

Stephen#1
01-30-2004, 04:35 AM
No, your spelling it right butterkoferi

Green Terrors are extremely smart and according to Richard F. Stratton they are known for performing tricks for food. Just thought you would like to know before getting rid of her.

chc
01-30-2004, 08:02 AM
buttikoferi (some sources also utilize buettikoferi)