PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Gravel Vac

Mbuniac
11-04-2003, 02:40 AM
In the latest issue of TFH (page 18) there is an add for a product called "Liquid Gravel Vac" It appears to be basically a liquid product added to the water the accelerates the breakdown of fish waste, excess food, sludge, etc. and can get into areas that are hard to clean (lift tubes, hoses, etc). It is produced by Tropical Science Aquatic Biolabs. Anyone familiar with this product, any opinions? Looks interesting.
Thanks, Sam

chc
11-05-2003, 04:54 PM
I wouldn't want to clean the lift tubes, etc. as much of the denitrification occurs in the mulm and slime coating everything in the tank.

Also, IME, such products are not worth the money. If they were..... we'd all be using them!

merlyn2221
11-05-2003, 07:01 PM
I dunno Sam...sounds like another money making scam on us unsuspecting (and LAZY) fish people to me.

Mbuniac
11-06-2003, 02:05 AM
You're probably right. Anything that sounds too good to be true probably is......

Richgsr
09-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Hey guys, new member here. I just bought this at my LFS based on a recommendation from one of the fish experts there. I find these guys to be fairly knowledgeable so I don't think they'd steer me wrong on purpose. So far I've used it once and I did see some cloudiness appear a few hours after I applied it. few hours later, the water was crystal clear again.

Anyone else have any other experience with this? I bought a small bottle so I think I'll keep using it till it's gone.