PDA

View Full Version : for those of you who use Texas holey rock

nylouie516
03-20-2008, 06:36 PM
does the rock stay white or does it get algae infested and slimey like?

Brett the Bomb
03-20-2008, 06:47 PM
I have currently have "texas holey rock" or lace rock as I have heard it reffered to. It looks white when it hasnt been in water for a while, then it darkens up, and depending on algae, it can be brownish white, a reddish color if it isnt getting much light, or covered in bright green algea, i have all of those conditions met in my tank whit the same rocks, just differnt tank locations, and more and less plecostomous'. I personally love it, want more of it, and probably wouldn't use much else. I love the realistic look it has. Howerver i am just one person, so keep listening to others. oh ps if you look up my gallery, you can see what color my rocks looked like before i bought new light bulbs when it also wasnt getting any sunlight.

Steve C
03-20-2008, 07:19 PM
I have holey rock in my 55 gallon and it stays pretty much bone white. I clean it every couple of months though.

beanblog
03-21-2008, 06:30 AM
I've got soem in my 75... it was slimey when I got it (second hand), but my plecos are going to town and it's beginning to show some white again.

Nutmeg
03-27-2008, 08:46 PM
I have a 125g that is filled with holey rock!! I love it! It stays pretty white and I never clean it (like twice a year)! however i do have 2 plectostomus that go to town on the rock! before I got them my rock never got slimy just greenish and now that I have my 2 plectostomus it stays pretty white.