PDA

View Full Version : plastic tank frame

fish speaker
03-13-2008, 10:14 AM
I have an AGA 75-gallon tank. The bottom frame has a break on one of the long sides (the tank is currently dry). I know I can replace the frame, but am just wondering whether I need to worry about it. I have seen at least one article that indicates that this is primarily a non-functional piece. Any opinions?

Steve C
03-13-2008, 01:23 PM
By one of the long sides I am assuming you mean the front edge of the frame? Is it cracked or broken off completely?

I would think that part of the frame would have a lot to do with keeping the tank square and from bowing. Especially if the break runs on each side of the center brace.

For as cheap as those replacements are, I would replace it. Another thing to consider is how did it break? If it was an impact you may want to look under it to be sure nothing elses happened.

fish speaker
03-13-2008, 01:27 PM
No other damage...I've checked that. There is only a single crack, to one side of the center brace. No part is broken off.

Steve C
03-13-2008, 02:09 PM
That's good news. If it were me I'd probably replace it. That relates either to me being picky or my inability to leave well enough alone.

It's probably nothing to worry about.