PDA

View Full Version : Mag 350 users?

Steve C
03-11-2008, 06:35 PM
I have a Mag 350 that I had on the 92 for water polishing when I had the HOB's on there.

My powerhead in that tank died and I figured I would use the mag for circulation and put a sponge filter on the intake and a floss pad inside.

I set it up, primed it, plugged it in and nothing. I can hear the impeller spin but it isn't pushing any water.

I took it apart and cleaned the impeller housing with a brush and reassembled it and still nothing.

Any ideas?

Over_Stocked
03-12-2008, 07:31 AM
You do have the canister full of water, right? Try sucking on the output hose to draw a syphon as far as possible. Then if that doesn't work "bounce" the on/off back and forth.

RustyNut
03-12-2008, 08:20 AM
Any filter I gotta suck on goes in the trash! :D

Steve C
03-12-2008, 10:41 AM
I prime it up to the top of the filter, turn it on, the water level drops about 1/4 of an inch and I can see the water level drop on the inlet hose to just about the top of the strainer tube; the return line water bounces about halfway up the hose but doesn't flow.

Come on Rusty! It's a GIVE and take kind a relationship.

Over_Stocked
03-13-2008, 02:48 PM
keep bouncing the switch on and off. Or, suck all the way through the hose... It will fill both hoses, and reduce the effort... There is air in there somewhere causing problems... Reason number 47 I got rid of the magnum series...

Over_Stocked
03-13-2008, 02:50 PM
I think part of the problems common are the seals going bad or being placed incorrectly...

Steve C
03-13-2008, 03:57 PM
keep bouncing the switch on and off. Or, suck all the way through the hose... It will fill both hoses, and reduce the effort... There is air in there somewhere causing problems... Reason number 47 I got rid of the magnum series...

I have a small leak in one one of the disconnect valves. I lubed the o rings up and tried again and it's still leaking an still has air trapped. I think this thing is passed it's usefull life span...It's now a .40 cal target. :edance:

The only reason I was going to use it was because I have it, and I really don't want to buy another Ehiem just for mech. filtration.