PDA

View Full Version : Perfect-A-Flo undergravel filter

all1knew
02-25-2008, 10:27 PM
Hello all,

So here is my situation.

I HAD a Lee's undergravel system that I purchased through my local pet store.

My buddy gave me his entire 20G setup and it came with a different undergravel filter. It has a FLAT black plastic bottom and looks like the Perfect-A-Flo located here:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=3588&cmpid=03csesm&ref=4538&subref=AA&srccode=cii_14536993&cpncode=10-68209581-2

......but like I said, this one has a FLAT black bottom (not white and un-flat as pictured) but the rest of the setup looks identical, i.e. the tubing, carbon cartridges, and long white air-stone ends.

He said that he purchased it at WAL-MART and I would like to know if you can tell me who makes it as my local Wal-Mart doesn't have one (or any kind) in stock at the moment.

So, please let me know either way if you can assist me on who manufactures these for Wal-Mart and where I can find one as I would like another.

Thank you.

William Kramer

Over_Stocked
02-25-2008, 11:08 PM
You WANT another UGF?!?! Ew.... I've never seen this type though..

I would use a sponge filter over a UGF any day.

RustyNut
02-26-2008, 10:35 AM
Yeah, we all avoid UGF's like the plague these days.... better methods are available today and the UGF has a fatal flaw in its design that can never be completely compensated for.

A powered spongefilter is just as effective and has no such flaws and Costs are similar.

Heyguy74
02-26-2008, 11:33 AM
I also agree, dont bother with an UGF. Its old technology. Go with a new pwer filter and you'll be better off.

all1knew
03-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Hello,

While I appreciate your opinions......

Can anyone else be of some help here?

William Kramer

Glaive
03-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Have you checked the bigger chains?