PDA

View Full Version : cascade

ShellyG
10-14-2003, 02:44 PM
local lfs has cascade filers are they any good ?

chc
10-15-2003, 09:17 AM
I have no experience with them. Perhaps someone here does.

I generally look for something with a proven record of durability and performance, and I don't think that has yet been proven with Cascades. I feel sure they are probably just fine, but IMHO I wouldn't experiment when other proven options are available.

Looking forward to comments from anyone with first hand knowledge though..........

ShellyG
10-15-2003, 09:29 AM
thats what i was thinking, I'll order something in

kslager
03-06-2005, 12:56 PM
i recently purchased a Penn Plax Cascade Canister Filter 700. When i purchased it i was a bit nervous because the overall price for their line of filters is unusually low. I got it for 100 bucks, but i see them online for around 60. I asked a clerk at petco (who amazingly seemed rather knowledgable!) and he said that this line was very new but getting very good reviews so far.

Ive been running the 700 for about a week and so far i am satisfied with it. it is very quiet. barely audible and by far more quiet than my marineland 330. The seal is perfect. i.e. no leaks at all when powered off and the self primer works. four pumps and its ready to go. All the media and accessories came with the unit too. Although im not sure on the quality of the media.. im still somewhat of a newbie.

I must say though, i am having a clouding problem in my tank, but that was present before i purchased this filter. I suspect it is due to some other problem present in my tank, which is a 55 long. hmmmm.... hope this helps.