PDA

View Full Version : Fx5 Mistake

DISCIPLE
01-23-2008, 09:43 AM
I moved a few months back and packed up alot of things for the move including my fx5. well while unpacking the lid was dropped and one of the aqua vavle ports cracked. i crazy glued it w/o any problem and let it seal good a day or two. everything was fine. well this past friday i came hm early from wrk ,due to the weather, and saw my 5" jag protruding out the filter intake tube. i had cleaned out the tank and forgot to replace the cover. she must have saw some food caught up in there and tried to get it causing her to get sucked in by her face. that was all that she wrote. i can tell she went out w/ a fight cuz it was in the far left corner and it had been pulled off its suction cups and was floating mid tank. i learned a good lesson the hard way. REPLACE ALL FILTER COVERS no matter how big your fish is. i hope this helps someone else not lose a fish.

MisanthropeKitty
01-23-2008, 10:28 AM
i did this in my moms goldfish pond once when i cleaned it out, i forgot to put the sponge back on and an hour later i was confused why there wasnt any water coming out the little fountain thing so i picked it up... eep! there was a humongous bullfrog attached to the intake by his poor little belly! i felt soo bad for the guy but disgusted at the same time... anyways, i never forgot to put the filter back on again!

Larry
01-23-2008, 01:56 PM
Two nights ago i lost my 6-line wrasse in my sw tank up a intak tube from the same stupid mistake!!

DISCIPLE
01-23-2008, 03:04 PM
Two nights ago i lost my 6-line wrasse in my sw tank up a intak tube from the same stupid mistake!!

:jaw: man i really feel ya pain. it only takes once for me .lesson learned the hard way. not to mention i prized that fish and loved him to death. hopefully his repacement will be here next month.

jombi21
01-23-2008, 03:21 PM
Sorry about that buddy. Bad news.

Jom

goalscorer26
01-23-2008, 07:07 PM
Ditto. Similar thing happened to me. Cleaning out my Penquin HOB and forgot to put the end on. Then a couple of days later heard something striking the impeller. It was a baby JD. I also feel your pain.

Brett the Bomb
02-05-2008, 10:07 PM
Count me in... I killed my very frist african... it was a red empress i had pulled the screen off of my backpack filter to clean something off of it, when i came back to the room there it was sucked up by its side, dead... it was a matter of a couple mins. never forget that.