PDA

View Full Version : Corydoras

smithy
01-13-2008, 12:34 PM
:dunce::dunce:can i have corydors in a malawi tank and can i mix tangs and malawis in the same tank also i have a very large lump of coal can i put that in the tank
sorry about all this but i like to get it right so any help would be great:bawl:

RustyNut
01-13-2008, 02:45 PM
Corydoras are to mild mannered to survive in a Malawi tank...
Some Tangs and Malawis can be mixed fine and some shouldn't...
I believe coal may contaminate the tank.... I can't remember if its the coal itself or something the coal is exposed to in the mining of it....but I would avoid it just to be safe... maybe some else will have a firmer answer for you.

smithy
01-13-2008, 02:59 PM
thanks can you think of a bottom feeder i could use to clean up the food that go to the bottom

Seedy
01-13-2008, 03:33 PM
Try Synodontis species catfish for clean up in high pH medium high aggression communities.

What's up with the coal? What makes you want it in the tank?

What species are you thinking about? I keep a solitary Aulonocara sp. "Lwanda" male in with a group of Neolamprologus leleupi and Synodontis grandiops/multipunctatus in a 55 gallon full of holey rock. So yes, it is possible to mix, but something you have to be very careful about.

Generally, Mbuna don't mix (except perhaps with Tropheus)

I've found the smaller mouthbrooding non-mbuna ( "Haps", "Utaka","Peacocks" etc) from Malawi do well with the substrate/cave spawning Tanganyikans provided there is plenty of caves for the Tangs to hide.

smithy
01-13-2008, 03:45 PM
i just like the look of the coal think it would be nice as a center rock
and thanks on all the stuff you said