PDA

View Full Version : 20L stocking?

TrashmanNYC
01-09-2008, 01:15 PM
I am about to set up two 20L tanks........one will be a hospital/quaratine tank and i would like to stock the other one...........I was thinking maybe some Kribs or Tangs (Neolamprologus leleupi or gold occies maybe?) but i am open to all suggestions...............also what kind of filters do you recomend....i was thinking either Emperor 280 or Penguin 350 (one for each tank)............do i need such a big filter for a hospital tank?

Thanks..........
Robb

Dempsey88
01-18-2008, 12:01 AM
I don't think a hospital tank can be too big. It's just a matter of it being filtered and heated enough in order to provide a healthy and non-stressful environment for the sick or injured fish. As for those filters being too big for that tank? Since it will be a hospital tank and the fact that most injured fish get pretty weak, a hang on the back filter such as what you stated may have too strong of a current for the weak fish. I would suggest getting a large sponge filter or two and hooking it up to a decent air pump instead. From my experience, weakened and injured fish keep getting pulled into the intake tube from those type of filters. Just my two cents. Good luck.

TrashmanNYC
01-18-2008, 12:11 AM
i decided on a penguin 200 for the hospital tank........