PDA

View Full Version : fry grow out tank

maxie
01-05-2008, 07:41 PM
hey,
im relatively new to this, and i am just curious as to what the best set up for a fry grow out tank is? is it better to get a bunch of cheap 2 foot tanks, or buy one bigger tank eg 5-6 foot and divide it up. also, is it best to divide it with glass, or use a plastic or something with holes in it? if the divider had holes in it then filtering the tank would be easier wouldnt it?
any advice or tips would be much appreciated
cheers

Larry
01-05-2008, 09:05 PM
I personally use a 33gal tank divided into 3 sections. I use a plastic screen from home depot, I can't remember what its called in the store but i bought 1 big peice and cut it to the sizes I needed.

maxie
01-05-2008, 10:27 PM
what sort of plastic did you use? was it like a covering plastic for a table? or a hard, solid plastic? what do u do for filtration and heating? is one filter and one heater then sufficient?

Larry
01-06-2008, 10:53 AM
It is a hard perferated plastic. it almost looks like a window screen but made of plastic. I have one hob in the center and an airstone in each outside area. The flow from the air stones and hob seems to work fairly well because the compartments aren't sealed off from one another with the dividers.