PDA

View Full Version : Marineland C-360

jeremyk
12-14-2007, 09:52 AM
I just purchased my first canister, a Marineland C-360. This is probably a stupid question, but how do I know it's "working"...at least properly?

How much water pressure should be coming out of the output? Not much now at all. Some water is coming out, so I know it's working a little bit... But since I don't have any prior experience with canister filters, I'm not sure if this is normal or if it's somehow plugged/clogged, or if I didn't set it up right, etc...

Any comments appreciated! Thanks!

ercnan
12-14-2007, 07:59 PM
I just purchased my first canister, a Marineland C-360. This is probably a stupid question, but how do I know it's "working"...at least properly?

How much water pressure should be coming out of the output? Not much now at all. Some water is coming out, so I know it's working a little bit... But since I don't have any prior experience with canister filters, I'm not sure if this is normal or if it's somehow plugged/clogged, or if I didn't set it up right, etc...

Any comments appreciated! Thanks!
No experience with the 360, but first comes to mind is how far below the top of the tank is the filter, and how do you have it packed with media.
The "higher" it has to pump = less flow, and the "denser" it's packed = less flow. This is typical of all canisters, not just the 360.