PDA

View Full Version : Cloudy water

edwim-92
12-11-2007, 02:27 AM
Is there a chemical i can use that clears up the water, i mean, i clean it one day, and its dirty the next, helo will be much appreciated. I have an 8 gallon tank with an undergravel filter, should i change this?

RustyNut
12-11-2007, 05:22 AM
its best not to use any of the clarifier chemicals as they usually just mess things up somewhere else for you.... be paitient and it should clear on its own.

edwim-92
12-11-2007, 10:57 PM
thanks for that mate, also, what would you suggest i give my severums for a diet, all i can get them to eat so far is bloodworms and soft krill, any other suggestions to mix it up a bit?:confused:

RustyNut
12-12-2007, 05:23 AM
I would starve them for a day or two and then begin feeding pelletized food only until they accept it.... then only give the frozen treats on occasion.

edwim-92
12-13-2007, 07:00 AM
I would starve them for a day or two and then begin feeding pelletized food only until they accept it.... then only give the frozen treats on occasion.
Thanks for this mate, i feel like a complete and utter idiot. The reason they werent eating flake is because i hadnt crushed it up enough. Do you have severums? Is it normal for the male to pick on the female? eg: chase it around the tank?

ercnan
12-14-2007, 07:55 PM
Thanks for this mate, i feel like a complete and utter idiot. The reason they werent eating flake is because i hadnt crushed it up enough. Do you have severums? Is it normal for the male to pick on the female? eg: chase it around the tank?
Don't feel like an idiot, we all have questions, and this is a great place to get answers/insight.
As stated in your other post, you simply can't have Sevs. in an 8g and expect to have good results. Cloudy water is the least of your problems. Give them more space, and they will probably eat anything you throw in the tank.
Right now, they are full from eating neons.