PDA

View Full Version : Compatibility of Angels and Keyholes

ShanMan
09-29-2003, 04:39 PM
I was wondering what you guys think about adding angels to my tank. It's a heavily planted 55g. The reason I worry is that I currently have 4 keyholes in the tank, including a breeding pair. Is their reason to worry about serious aggression between the two species? I was thinking of getting 4 or 5, letting a pair form, and returning the rest. TIA.

DR.J
10-04-2003, 06:10 PM
I really dont know much about keyholes but i have heard angels arent that agressive.If those keyholes intend to breed than you have a problem.

jonah
10-04-2003, 06:59 PM
Do you plan on ending with a pair of keyholes and a pair of angels in a single 55g? I think it could be done, but haven't tried it myself. Angels can get pretty aggressive when breeding.

Karl
10-04-2003, 07:13 PM
i think you could do that since it is a 55gallon. i would be more worried about the angles getting to aggresive than the keyholes.

jdclarksc
10-05-2003, 02:37 PM
I have had them together before with minor problems. As long as they have plenty of choice for breeding sites they will pretty much leave each other alone with the occasional small skirmish for show. good luck