PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday?!

bluoval1
09-23-2003, 10:28 AM
Well it is Sept 23, my birthday. And for my birthday I get to empty my 125 gallon, try to split up my 30 fish or so into a 20L, a 30 and a 10 gallon tank. Why you ask, because I woke up this morning to a wet floor and a leak in my 125. Not a bad leak, but it lost about 5 gallons or so over the course of the night. So I get to wait 48 hours for the silicone to cure and then pray it doesn't leak!!
I guess the good news is my 125 will get cleaned real well!!
I was able to find 5 Ps. polit to replace the ones I lost when I moved here. That was my real present, along with 5 Ps demasoni and a couple of Ps johanni.
If it matters, if you get a chance go by That Fish Place in lancaster, Pa. For a fish person, it is Nirvana!! I went there yesterday for some fish and walked out $172.00 poorer, but it was worth the drive (hour and a half) and $$.

SGypsyMermaid
09-23-2003, 01:46 PM
sorry to hear about that leak, but...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!:dance: :party: :dance:

bluoval1
09-23-2003, 02:33 PM
Thanks. Is there any way to accelerate the cure time of the silicone?

jonah
09-23-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by bluoval1
Thanks. Is there any way to accelerate the cure time of the silicone?

Thinking about something else is the only accellerant I know of. At least the leak wasn't bad. I had a 125g split a seam from top to about 8 inches down. Luckily I was looking right at it when it happened.

Happy birthday.:party:

bluoval1
09-26-2003, 04:54 PM
Well it's been 24 hours since I put water back in. I only went about 6" above the leak just in case. So far so good. My wife put back the decorations today and, quite frankly, it's much better than when I did it. I don't think the fish will lilke the curtains tho.:wink:
I will put in the rest of the water and fish tonight and hope it doesn't leak later!!