PDA

View Full Version : Paretroplus

Freddy J
09-14-2003, 01:00 PM
I'm looking for information on Paretroplus nourisatti, maculatus and menarambo. Does anyone have experiance with these fish?

Rudy
09-15-2003, 09:24 AM
Do you have any? Madagascar cichlids are hard to get info on as not a lot of people have them. Have you tried www.belowwater.com Oliver Lucanos.
He is pretty good about giving informaiton on these fish. There is also a lady from Cichlidroom. Sonia G. I have her email some where I just have to find it.

Freddy J
09-15-2003, 06:14 PM
Rudy, Jeff Rapps just got some in. I'm going to pick some up and give them a try. I was hoping there would be more info out there. Looks like I'll have to become the resident expert on these fish. I hope he still has a few left!

Freddy J
09-15-2003, 10:24 PM
I just received a confirmation e-mail from Rapps. I'm going to start my first African tank. 180 gallon. It's first inhabitants will be six Paretroplus nourisatti, six P. menarambo, two Paratilapia bleekeri, two P. polleni, and two P. Fianaranstsoa. All the fish will be 1.5-2" My intent is to pair up the Paretroplus. I'm hoping I can get two pairs from the differant Paretroplus and a single of each of the Paratilapia to coexist. Wish me luck!

davoz
09-16-2003, 03:38 PM
Good luck. I love Madagascar fish but can't afford the price tag to often. I've kept maculatus and enjoyed them.

Freddy J
09-16-2003, 10:34 PM
How social are they? Are they really as beautiful as the articles say? How about water parameters?

davoz
09-17-2003, 12:41 PM
Very social. It reminds me of Discus were they like groups and create a pecking order. But if you have 2 one will be dominant and the other will be dead. I kept my water in the mid 7's for ph. Here (http://www.cichlidae.com/articles/a169.html) is a nice article.