PDA

View Full Version : Newb Water Qeustions

BBcich25
08-23-2007, 10:33 PM
Hello everyone.. I purchased 4 bumble Bees about 3 days ago.. I have noticed that they are staying well hidden most of the time and rarely peaking out.. Their color is good not faded or anything.. My water quality is as follows.

Nitrate : 20
Nitrite : .5
GH : 15-20
KH : 250
PH : 8.4

I know that cichlids like a higher PH , but do they thrive in soft water? Seems like i heard that they want harder waters.. If that is the case , what do i do to harden the water? Also i think that they are jsut hiding due to the new surrondings .. i hope ... does that sound about right.? Thank you .

drisolic
09-02-2007, 04:55 PM
If you have african's they like hard water. You should have no ammonia or nitrites in the tank.

I hope they told you about cycling your tank first. I just finished putting my fish through a burning hell. I was told it took 3 days, it really ended up taking 6 weeks now my fish are sick.

I am not a expert and also new to this. So if someone else has better advise i would listen to them.

Good Luck

LuckyCricketMafia
09-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Hello everyone.. I purchased 4 bumble Bees about 3 days ago..

What size tank do you have them in? they get very aggressive and large.

My water quality is as follows.

Nitrate : 20
Nitrite : .5
GH : 15-20
KH : 250
PH : 8.4

Ammonia? You may be cycling Check out the link below

http://fins.actwin.com/mirror/begin-cycling.html

It will take a few weeks to cycle and there is no guarantee your fish will survive. Do you have another tank? Or do you know anyone with an established tank?

I know that cichlids like a higher PH , but do they thrive in soft water? Seems like i heard that they want harder waters.. If that is the case , what do i do to harden the water? Also i think that they are jsut hiding due to the new surrondings .. i hope ... does that sound about right.? Thank you .

A stable PH is more important then a high PH, and your ph is high I would not buffer the water. Check you ammonia it is my bet that is what is stressing them. If you have ANY ammonia do a small water change (use conditioner).