1-Yellow Lab-M
1-kenyi-F
2-bumblebees-1M 1F
2-electric blue ali`s-?
3-sunshine peakocks-1M 2F
1-Acei Cichlid-?
2-Melanochromis Auratus-?
1-common pleco

Those are the fish I currently have in my 55 gallon tank. What do you guys think of my current mix? they are ranging in size of 1 to 3 inches. Ive had the setup for about a year now and I just added the the Melanochromis Auratus andthe aci. Should I add more fish? should I get rid of anything and add more of somthing else? or should I leave it as is? Im thinking of gettin more yellow labs. Thanx.

SabrinaD
08-15-2007, 08:42 PM
The sunshine peacocks will probably end up too stressed in the tank. They just don't compete aggression wise with the mbuna.

Bumblebees are large (and aggressive) for mbuna and may not be appropriate in a 55 gallon. But give them some time and you can decide on them later.

I'm not sure how the Ahli's fit as I've never kept them, hopefully some one else will pipe up about them.

You are looking at an aggressive set up. Hopefully the extent of it will be chasing but even with more "peaceful" cichlids like labs and rusties, I've still ended up with deaths in a 75 gallon.

Spider
08-16-2007, 10:22 AM
I forgot to mention one albino Pseudotropheus socolofi hes a male.

malawi,sc
08-19-2007, 06:33 AM
socolofi.. those are cool little dudes.. how can you sex them.. here's a stocking suggestion, not one i follow but does have some unique picks

http://www.cichlidrecipe.com/crp22.htm