PDA

View Full Version : Everyone Needs These

malawi haps
08-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Hey all I remember reading a thread about power falures and fish death.Rusty came up with a great product called bag buddies .Well I was surfing around trying to find these bag buddies and came across this product http://www.aquaticeco.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/iid/6611/cid/4407 I called the company and got some specs on this product the people told me the tablet comes out of the can and one tablet will produce 275 ml of disolved oxygen over a period of 16 hours ?? Hummmm wonder what that equates to in gallonage .Might be better than bag buddies the tablet size is 1 1/4" and the price is great :dance: This is used to transport fish over long distances also so it should not harm fish in a aquarium.

ATG204
08-07-2007, 03:17 PM
http://cichlidworld.net/power_failure.htm

this guy says hydrogen peroxide works --would be way cheaper...not too sure what the effects may be though, you would have to look into that.

malawi haps
08-07-2007, 05:18 PM
I think this may be a safer product than hydrogen peroxide Mabye somone can do a test to see what the chemestry of the water is b4 peroxide and after.

RustyNut
08-07-2007, 06:32 PM
Bag buddies also detoxifies amonia, nitrite, and nitrate.

malawi haps
08-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Their is another product out their that is for keeping bait for long periods that also conditions water but the only draw back is it turns the water blue? Do the bag buddies do that also??

RustyNut
08-08-2007, 06:21 AM
yes they do, but it goes away after a short time....the color indicates its still working.

I don't reuse the bag water... I pour the fish and water out of the bag into a net suspended over a bucket/sink and then release just the fish into the new tank, disposing of the bag water.

In fact, this is what I do with all new arrivals since it helps keep pathogens out of you tanks and the water is usually full of ammonia anyway.

malawi haps
08-08-2007, 06:37 AM
when you used it for the power outage did it turn your tanks blue??