PDA

View Full Version : Bad decision making, how to get the most outa it

mpagri
08-20-2003, 09:54 PM
I have a 30g tank, which i now understand is way to small for my fish choice. in the 30g tank ive had 2 jd's for 2 weeks and now i also have 2 african and 2 texans. the jd's are constantly beating on the texans who have already delevloped bruises arround there gills. i added more plants and caves to try and create more territores and that seems to have worked. is there anyway i can pull this tank off? how soon will i have to get a bigger tank? what can i do to help me texans survive. also i wanted to try and get the jds to mate, that will make more aggressive right? i guess i beter hold off on that?

thmandan22
08-21-2003, 01:26 PM
I would take back most if not all of those fish, then decide weather to have an African tank or American tank it is not a good idea to have both Africans and Americans in the same tank ,due to diffrent water requirments. as for pullin it of, not with those fish they will become much much to large and you will need a much much bigger tank. What kind of Africans?
My advice any of the fish back that you can if you are un willing to get a bigger tank ie. 55gal+, or take the Africans back or the Americans those two wont work.

Karl
08-21-2003, 09:29 PM
i would take everything back expt the africans and do an african tank. or you may be able to keep 1 jd. they only top out at 8inches so a 30gallon may be fine.

DR.J
10-04-2003, 06:13 PM
i agree with karl.you should do an african tank . most africans bring alot of action and color to the tank. Both things that i love about africans.

jonah
10-04-2003, 06:57 PM
Take everything back, and then think about what you want out of a tank. 30g is too small for most Malawi cichlids, but it would be great for many of the Tanganyikans.

BTW, you said 2 Africans/2 Texans, but then mention jd's beating on the Texans. Are the jd's you mention Jack Dempsy's? Because those are American cichlids too.