PDA

View Full Version : New 210 amazon UGJ & Filtration setup help plz

Bane
04-08-2007, 12:59 PM
Hey again all. Thanks for any input, and sory in advance for all the questions.

As some of you may know i just got my 210 the other day and Im haveing the fun of planning the sutup of the tank, never had a tank even close to this lage and of corse i want to set it up as best as i can one of the keys being of course maitanice as easy as i can reasonably get it.

Stock list incomplete but will include O's GT's and a Black ghost knife.

So far i have decided that Im going to use USG's, wet dry sump with over flow box and a hob for extra polishing and mabey a fluva 404. I have no experiance with canisters or sumps. I was really hopeing for some expert info/ideas for best placement for best results or modifacatiuon of plan if needed.

:nervous:
My brain is a little fryed from thinking and rethink my filtration plan. Placement as i understand matters, in the past I have only used hob's and as far as placement go's it was a no brainer the had to go in the slot provided it the hood. Now im thinking about jet's number and direction filtration intake out flow for me it is just a guessing game and my brain is starting to hurt.:bawl:

:confused:
Do you think one hob 350 mariland bio wheal will be enough to collect waste or should i have 2. My understanding is that Hob's are better polishers or should a canister figure into my my plan?

As i understand it with UGJ's set up right it can make vacumeing much less of a chore. Really wanting some expert input there.

Was also thinking of trying to run the under substraight jet system with the sump return is this a good idea or should i just stick with some power heads?

I am in the process of building a sump 5gal wet dry tower in an old 29 gal tank was aming for 800gph was planning on smaller tank when i started the build do you think this is this going to be big enough?

Well i think that just about covers my stress points again sory and thanks for any help.
Here is a picture of planed layout.
:confused:

Bane
04-09-2007, 08:37 PM
Here is the plan so far for the jets.

Bane
04-09-2007, 09:28 PM
Just did a test on my media tower & driplate hitting about 1800 gph with out the pre filter pad or biomeda installed dont know how much diference ther will be.

RustyNut
04-10-2007, 04:19 AM
Your going to need about 1800gph to run that USJ and I think you should design a closed loop system to balance pressure at the jets.

Bane
04-10-2007, 03:33 PM
Thanks rusty.

Sat down with pencle and paper made new paln this is closer scale. What do you think, look good? Also where do you think i should place the canister intake?