PDA

View Full Version : Agression Help Wanted quick

AndrewDru
03-14-2007, 12:29 PM
My 55 gl has been settled for about 6 month havent had any agression problems with my fish apart from my Birchardi killing clown loaches and plecs.
Anyways two mornings ago we had a power cut while i was a work i dont know if was the fact there was no current in the water or what but i got in to a massicar, they must have been kicking the crap out of each other all day. i lossed two albino's and a rusty, and i have to give my girlfriends auntie three fish due to the fact they were in pieces (she get most my agression victims).
Even my tank king the birchardi had been de-throned im guessing by my domonant afra.
My tank was in my opinion over stocked before the power cut but it seemed to work as they were getting along great.
now i dont know if its becasue there is less fish in the tank but it looks like im gonna have some problems in the future.
I have a male peacock that has taked advantage of the auratus no being in the tank and has become hyper agressive to every fish apart for my two male afra's who he cant seem to get the better of, but he still had every fish one the oposit side of the tank to him and was still trying to remove both the afras from that side but kept coming off worse is the circleing matches with both of them.
The rest of the fish are alot snappier and grumpy than they were and i think its looking like going down hill fast.
I have taken every thing out the tank no decorations at all and the peacock is still very agressive esspesialy to a socofoli which i think he is determend to kill.
Im deff thinking about trading the Peacock in and getting more mbuma but im not 100% on it im looking for some advise from the peeps on here with alot more knowlage than me as im finding this 55gl mixed african more hassle than the 250gl one i got rid off last year.
This is my current stocking list 2 yellow labs, 1 hongi redtop, 2 afra's, 1 birchardi, 1 peacock, 1 kenyi, 1 rusty, 1 socofoli, 1 leleupi and 3 i havent idetifyed yet.
All are about 2.5 to 3 " apart from the peacock which is nearer 4" plus four clown loches and a plec
What would u recomend i loose and what do u think i should replace with and how many ? All opinions wanted and quick as im hoping to get to the LFS friday
Give me your advise guys and girls please

voodoochile
03-14-2007, 02:40 PM
I would re-add the decor but change things around so it's new for everybody. Also I've had luck by making the tank completley dark for awhile right after rearanging rocks. I will go as far as covering the entire tank with a dark sheet so it's as close to complete darkness as possible.

Others probably have something better but this seems to help me.

AndrewDru
03-14-2007, 03:33 PM
already that done voodoo i rearanged the rocks for a day before i took them all out the fish behave exactly the same as they dont realy a set terratory more space in open water they protect, due to the fact that utill the power cut my brichardi had claimed every rock and nuck as his so the other fish made open water theirs so to speak.
The agression i think is due to numbers as ive lost 6 fish which is near enough a third of the number of cichlids i had in there.
I was thinking of geting more yellow labs or somthing staying round the 4" mark when fully grown

Kyle-n-Michelle
03-14-2007, 11:46 PM
That is the funny thing about cichlids. They can do fine for some time and then one day just decide they dont want any company.