PDA

View Full Version : Red Zebra Holding

Nightlife
03-09-2007, 10:55 PM
Ok so im not really sure when or how cuz there isnt another red zebra in the tank so im just figuring that it cross breeded with another species that i have. So my question is im thinking about filling up my 10g with the water in the 55g she is currently in taking her out . After i do this do i need to do anything special or can i just put her in there and leave her alone. Thanx

RustyNut
03-10-2007, 05:16 AM
If they are hybrids, you should just allow her to spit them in tank..... Nobody needs more hybrids.

If you do raise them, make sure they never leave your tanks! Even though you might be an honest upstanding person the people who eventually get the fish may not be.....

You won't have to do anything else special for the her, she will be fine in a 10g....maybe just add a cave for her.

jonah
03-10-2007, 09:04 AM
I'd let her spit in the main tank.

Nightlife
03-10-2007, 02:08 PM
Well maybe ill just leave her in the 55g cause i really dont have a place to put the tank cept on the floor.

jonah
03-10-2007, 03:10 PM
Even in a crowded tank you might still see a few survivors. I was just looking at my 125g Tanganyikan tank and spotted a Neoamprologus hellianthus fry in the rocks.

Kyle-n-Michelle
03-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Just because she is holding doesnt mean that they were fertilized. I have had females hold with no males in the tank at all. After they go bad she will eat them or spit them.

Unless you have another zebra male of some type. I dont think she will mate with any thing that isnt a zebra.

RustyNut
03-11-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Kyle-n-Michelle
Unless you have another zebra male of some type. I dont think she will mate with any thing that isnt a zebra.

ANY mbuna can and will mate with any OTHER mbuna! Trust me!